Data Migration Lead
- Fantastic 3 month contract with long duration extension
- Melbourne CBD location
- Work on a major multi-year business transformation project!
Our Client, a large enterprise organisation in Melbourne CBD is seeking an astute Data Migration Lead to work on their critical business transformation project.
Working closely with the Executive Business Data Owner and other business stakeholders, you will be the person leading and coordinating the early responsibilities for the client data migration activities of a major multi-year business transformation project.
You will be the main point of contact while working with a major systems integration partner, ensuring the data migration strategy proposed by the engaged partner is capable of achieving an exceptional customer experience.
You will be responsible for recognising key decision points and ensuring informed discussions around them. Additionally, you will be the main point of liaison between the integration partner and the data stewards within our clients business, to ensure that the tempo and quality of data cleansing and other migration preparation is maintained in order to meet project requirements and timelines.
You will have:
- Participated in at least 3 full lifecycle data migration projects and led at least 1 of those efforts
- Relevant experience leading a project with a reasonable degree of complexity in terms of mixed (and overlapping) data sources and varied data quality.
- Experience in writing and critiquing data migration strategies
- Proven expertise in advocacy for data governance, having played an instrumental role in advancing the level of its adoption during a prior project or operational role
- Comfortable with SQL and able to self-serve in order to perform and support explanatory data analysis to fully interpret data transformation routines
- Track records for data profiling in migration projects with the ability to articulate its use in the past and outline subsequent benefits it provided your projects
- Ability to have intelligent conversations with developers and data analysts, asking the right questions, and equally able to translate that same conversation different to various stakeholders in the organisation
- Previous experience in leadership, negotiation, influencing ability, flexibility & adaptability as per the needs of the project
Initially engaged for a 3-month period, this role could extend to a long duration for the right person.
Apply now by sending you CV and a detailed Cover Letter in word format and one of our consultants will be in touch to have a confidential discussion.