Audio Visual (AV) Officer
Position Title: Audio Visual (AV) Officer
Location: Parramatta, Sydney
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 14 months
One of our Federal client, located in Parramatta is looking for Audio Visual (AV) Officer is responsible for undertaking a wide range of user support functions in relation to BWV. The BWV system is focused on the collection, storage, management and use of digital imagery. The position plays a key role in gathering information and providing evidentiary material originating from use of the BWV system. Customer service is an important aspect as this position is responsible for field liaison with, and help desk support to, operational police in relation to the BWV system. This position reports directly to the Project Lead Deployment.
- Provide copies of BWV evidentiary material on appropriate media for approved requests;
- Edit and/or pixelate copies of BWV evidentiary material on appropriate media as required;
- Transcode and export video and audio files from various NSWPF storage systems;
- Facilitate transcription of material on request;
- Provide effective and efficient telephone helpdesk support to BWV system users;
- Assist with the production of reports and presentations on relevant issues;
- Assist with the identification and initiation of improvements to work practices and service delivery;
- Assist with the implementation of new state of the art technologies and work practices relevant to the collection, management and usage of digital imagery;
- Assist with the assessment of user requirements for the BWV system;
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant documentation;
- Provide written statements/affidavits for court presentation upon request;
- Build and maintain effective close working relationships with relevant user groups;
- Maintain confidentiality and manage data in accordance with legislation and policy;
- Adhere to all NSWPF policies and guidelines including information security;
- All other tasks as directed by the Project Lead Deployment and/or PMO related to delivering the Project;
- Agree to participate in security vetting procedures prior to engagement and/or at regular intervals (generally every 12 months) during contract period.
- Experience with computer and digital imagery technologies;
- Experience with video/audio editing software and cd/dvd burning applications;
- Extensive knowledge of multimedia video and audio compression formats;
- Demonstrated high-level computer literacy esp. corporate systems, Microsoft Office suite and multimedia technologies;
- Well developed planning and organisational skills;
- Understanding of information management principles;
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain sound working relationships with end-users, key stakeholders, suppliers and within the project team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven capability to work within tight deadlines and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
Additional Program / Project Specific Job Descriptions
Based at Parramatta, with flexibility to work between metropolitan sites in Sydney CBD and regional NSWPF sites as required. Be willing and able to move between Parramatta and Surry Hills sites regularly (as requested)
Additional Program / Project Specific Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated well developed level of customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Must embrace continuous improvement and be keen to apply this to the role to develop support services for the BWV product
How to apply:
Please apply using the link below or call on 03 8506 6546 for further details. Applications closes based on the volume of applications received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Adaps is an equal opportunity employer that actively embraces diversity in its workforce through accurate community representation of gender, culture; thought and work arrangements.
Connect with Adaps: